Associating Companies to Solution Spaces Using Associ8
I had an interesting use case come up recently. A user had a custom object in his HubSpot instance called Solution Space. If a company met certain requirements, he needed it to be associated to a very specific solution space called Large Vendors. And he wanted to use Associ8 to do the job!
Associ8 tends to associate objects in bulk. So he was a little concerned that he would blow up his HubSpot instance with the app if he wasn’t careful. I ran a test on my end and came up with a solution for him. Here’s what I made:
How to associate HubSpot objects to a specific record using Associ8
If the association is specific, then the search terms need to be as well! Fortunately, we have custom properties to help get the job done.
- ERP Company Property: He already had one of these on his company object. “ERP” stands for “Enterprise Resource Planning”. I went ahead and created one for my company object in HubSpot.
- ERP Solution Space Property: While any properties can be used to match objects together with Associ8 (as long as their values matched) I created a custom property on the solution space object with the name ERP to make things easier.
With the prep-work done, I rolled up my sleeves and got to work. Associ8 operates in HubSpot workflows. And a fast one was all that was needed to get the job done!
1. Start by creating a Company based workflow.
2. For his specific use case, he wanted the Company to be associated to Large Vendors if its ERP property was equal to SAP. To help avoid any unnecessary enrollments, I set the trigger to ERP is equal to any of SAP.
3. Click the + button beneath the enrollment trigger and add an Associ8 - Company action.
4. For Associated Object Type, select Solution Space (This field is the object type we want to associate the company to).
5. For the Associated Object Property, select ERP (This field is the property on the Solution Space we want Associ8 to check).
6. For the Search Value, add the ERP company token (This is the property on the Company we want Associ8 to compare to the solution space’s ERP).
7. Click Save and that’s all there is to it!
So what’s going on here? If a company’s ERP is equal to SAP, it will enter this workflow. When it hits the Associ8 action, the app will associate it to any Solution Space who’s ERP value matches the company’s ERP value.
If that sounds a little confusing, don’t worry. We have a blog post going over how Associ8 works in more detail. Check it out here!
That’s all there is to it. If you enjoyed this post, why not share it with your friends? And if you want to see what else the app can do, check out this blog post on How the Associ8 Summary Works!